From Diwali wishes for your girlfriend to family members, here are 81 Diwali quotes to express love, happiness and even sadness.
Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a great festive season and enjoying it to the fullest. Personally speaking, Diwali is my favorite time of the year, and it’s my favorite festival. Even the season itself is so pleasant and has some magic about it. Lights, fireworks, family, food, what’s not to love!
Diwali is all about celebrating with loved ones, friends and family. And it’s the perfect time to let them know how much you care, and how much they mean to you. So here are some quotes I have written to help you send them Happy Diwali wishes. Plus, loads of Diwali caption ideas for your Whatsapp status and Instagram.
Diwali Wishes for Your Girlfriend
Diwali is a festival of lights celebrated all over India. And if your girlfriend is your guilding light, what better way to show your love than a romantic Diwali message! So here I have written some ideas for Diwali wishes for your girlfriend.
- Neither diyas nor crackers, it’s you that makes my Diwali so special.
- Forget diyas and fireworks, your smile is bright enough to light up my life!
- No matter how many fireworks there are in the sky and no matter how many diyas are lit on the streets, you’ll always be my brightest light on Diwali!
- Diwali is not really Diwali without diyas! And a festival isn’t a festival without you to celebrate with me!
- This Diwali, may you be able to avoid the hassle of traffic, and long queues to get what you want. May it be filled with happiness, online shopping, and lots of love from me!
- Happy Diwali, love! May this Diwali bring you a lifetime of prosperity, happiness and a bright future.
- I am so grateful to have you in my life, my love. Wish you a very happy Diwali and may this festival of lights bring peace and joy to your life always.
- May your world be filled with sweet moments and beautiful memories. Happy Diwali!
- Diwali is the festival of lights, and my wish for you is to always shine brightly! I hope you can find all the happiness, wealth and joy this holiday season. Wish you all the best this Diwali.
Diwali Quotes with Family
Diwali’s not just another festival. It’s a holiday to reconnect with family and loved ones. That’s why I have written an exhaustive list of beautiful quotes filled with happiness that you can send to your family members this Diwali.
Sharing powerful, thought provoking quotes to inspire your family members to come closer and celebrate this festive season together.
- Happy Diwali everyone! May your life be filled with the beauty of the earth, the glory of the skies, the magic of the untold stories, and the embrace of friends and family.
- Reflect on how lucky we are to have each other for support and comfort. Let’s celebrate this joyous festival of togetherness by letting our family know how much they mean to us!
- Happy Diwali wishes to all members of my family! It is with joy that I express my appreciation for all of you for always being there for me.
- It’s Diwali time again, that’s when we light up homes and share joy, gifts and sweets with each other. But the best thing about Diwali is to tell our families how much we love them.
- Enjoy the beautiful festival of lights, marking victory over ignorance; Happy Diwali!
- #Diwali—we light up the sky, as we light up hope in our family.
- Loved ones are those who don’t mind when there’s not enough of the good stuff on the plate. Wishing you and your family all the “good” this Diwali!
- Wishes for a safe and happy Diwali! No Instagram or Facebook posts required, just a warm heart.
Diwali Quotes for Parents
As the festival of lights shines brighter, celebrating everything from love and light to good wishes and new beginnings, it’s important to take advantage of this time of year to celebrate the people in our lives with all our hearts. So here are some quotes and Diwali wishes to send your parents over Whatsapp or Facebook.
- Family wishes are the most beautiful things about Diwali, no doubt.
- Fireworks are nice, diyas are good. But family is what makes Diwali really beautiful.
- Best part of Diwali? Going home to meet my mom!
- Diwali is all about love. Diwali is all about home.
- Fireworks, sweets, diyas, Diwali, I see.
- But what I love the most is being with family.
- Only a hand that knows both sorrow and joy can truly bless. Celebrating Diwali and being grateful for hearts that defined us.
- What’s more beautiful than seeing families celebrating holidays together? Meeting everyone from my own! Wish I could be there with you. Happy Diwali!
- No matter where I am in this world, home is always here with you. Happy Diwali, my family.
- Diwali is celebrated as the victory of Light over Darkness and Good over Evil. May our family forever have the power of love to fight evil in our lives.
Diwali Quotes about Love
Diwali is the day when loved ones exchange gifts and greetings to celebrate the triumph of good over evil. As we get closer to Diwali, we’ve written some quotes that can be used as a greeting or love quote for your loved ones.
- Life without you is like Diwali without celebration.
- Diwali is the time to celebrate the light in our lives. So let’s celebrate our love today! Happy Diwali.
- There are many ways to give love and to receive it, but yours is in its purest form – when one gives without expecting anything in return. Happy Diwali.
- You’re my bright lights, looking at you lights up my fireworks. You’re my festive joy, being with you is my celebration.
- You light up my life with joy and love. Happy Diwali.
- There’s something about this time of the year. The magic of fireworks, the warmth of diyas, the vibrance of Rangoli, it’s all about love and romance. It’s time for Diwali, it’s time for you and me!
- This Diwali, let’s make memories that last a lifetime.
- Every Diwali is special – with you. Every moment is a celebration – with you. As I light my diyas, I think of the happy thoughts, pleasures and challenges I have enjoyed with my special someone. Thanks for being you! Happy Diwali.
Diwali Wishes for Husband
Can’t express your love for hubby enough? Diwali is a significant time of the year when expressing love for the special people in our lives is important. We celebrate it with grand traditional ceremonies and rituals. Let the expression of love be your ritual this year.
So here I have written original and delightful Diwali wishes from wife to your husband so that he can share your feelings.
- Happy Diwali to my partner and best friend!
- You’ve always been by my side, supporting me through all the highs and lows in life. I am so fortunate to have you by my side. I love you, my wonderful husband. Happy Diwali!
- Happy Diwali to the dearest person in my life. May your life shine bright this festival of lights, and may our love shine even brighter.
- Diwali is the celebration of light,
- Bringing joy, fun and wealth.
- My love, I wish you with my heart,
- Happiness and good health.
- I want only you, forever and always. With every passing year, my love becomes stronger than ever; I hope that you feel the same way too. Happy Diwali!
- I wish you success, joy, and love this Diwali!
- Diwali is the festival of lights that signifies the triumph of good over evil. The message of Diwali is one of hope for a better future for you!
- On this day, my heartfelt wishes are for your success, happiness and love. Wishing you peace and prosperity this Diwali. Happy Diwali!
- A Diwali without you is incomplete. Wishing you a happy Diwali.
- May our home be blessed with joy and contentment on this festive day.
Romantic Diwali Wishes for Couples
It is the time of year again when couples around the world feel a warmth in their hearts as they enjoy this beautiful festival. Celebrating Diwali together builds an emotional connection in many relationships built on love. Here’s wishing your loved ones through a little more romance, a little more feeling.
Just indulging the bits of romance flavoring life with a perfect flavor! I have created some romantic Diwali wishes for your special someone this season that you can use as Instagram captions or Whatsapp wishes!
- This Diwali, may you find joy in every celebration, happiness in every moment and peace in every step. Wishes and all my love.
- Happy Diwali! May the festival of lights be a herald of new beginnings for us. For love and and laughter, shining into our lives with the promise of brighter days ahead.
- Happy Diwali! May it draw you closer to me, make our love stronger and bring in more joys and blessings.
- May this Diwali re-ignite our love like a diya, and brighten up our lives like rangoli!
- Diwali celebrations mark this special day, but my Diwali wish is just to celebrate the whole life with you.
- This Diwali, may you find happiness and wealth, may you find some time for yourself, too. Most importantly, may you give yourself the gift of joy and self-love too!
- Your love fills up my desires and dreams, just like the light of diyas fills up the night of Diwali.
- As we celebrate the festival of lights, it’s time to express appreciation to someone special who has contributed to who I am today. May your brightness light up my night sky tonight and forever!
Unique Wishes and Diwali Quotes for Family and Friends
Don’t like those typical Diwali wish messages and age-old quotes? Well, neither do I. So for all you thoughtful and wise people, I have written some creative and unique Diwali quotes that have deep meanings.
- It’s not about how much we own, but how much we give away. So be like the diyas of Diwali that light up everything around them, even if they stay in the shadow themselves.
- Happiness is like a candle in the darkness, a light that is welcomed and needed by all. Happy Diwali.
- May the light of Diwali illuminate your path and bring you happiness, good cheer and prosperity.
- Diwali is not just a festival. It is light, joy, and happiness. It’s a reminder that good will always be victorious over evil, no matter how tough the fight gets.
- It’s a new dawn with every day’s morning. New horizons and challenges to explore, new victories to be had, new plans to be created. May you walk into each day with a dream and new hopes. With energy, ambition and enthusiasm. Happy Diwali.
- Despite what happens around us in the world and in our lives – it’s important as we move towards Diwali that we take this opportunity to reconnect with ourselves, look inward and understand what brings you happiness. Happy Diwali!
- Diwali is a celebration of peace. The victory is not always won by the one who has the mightiest weapons, but by the one who makes themselves most like the good and worthy God.
Happy Diwali Quotes about Happiness
Diwali is a festival that celebrates, knowledge and virtue. It’s an occasion of joy, happiness and prosperity. Here are some quotes I wrote that reflect emotions of happiness.
- Happy Diwali to all! May this festival of light, love and prosperity bring happiness to your life.
- May this festival of light bring happiness and prosperity in your life!
- It’s a time for good to prevail over evil. So make sure you let that goodness shine through in your thoughts. #HappyDiwali to all!
- As we celebrate Diwali, the Festival of Lights, I hope all my friends are blessed with a life full of happiness and prosperity.
- Wishing everyone a very Happy Diwali filled with love, happiness and peace!
- Happiness is being a home on Diwali, even if your mom doesn’t allow your to drink!
Sad Diwali Quotes
Not all days are happy – that’s just how life is. Not all Diwalis are happy. Some are sad, as life’s ups and downs don’t stop for festivities. But that shouldn’t stop you from letting it out. Hope you find something here that conveys your emotion if you’re looking to share someone’s sadness this Diwali, or indeed your own.
- For all those who believed in themselves and lived in the light, hope, and kindness, this Diwali is for you.
- It feels like your heart has been burnt to ashes on Diwali.
- No matter how hard I try, I can’t find my light this Diwali.
- Why does it hurt so much when everyone around you is celebrating?
- Diwali is a celebration of the victory of light over darkness! Wish it never went dark for anyone on Diwali.
- Happy Diwali to everyone! Remember that our lives are so much more than what we see!
- Sometimes we forget the happy moments and remember the sad ones. But I hope that this Diwali is the time for you to be able to forget the sad ones for a day.
- To achieve happiness, sometimes we need determination and willpower like the diyas that keep shining bright until their very last moment.
- As light and joy sweep across the country, this Diwali, I wish for you to find your light again.
- Here is to joy, love and celebration, may you forget all your worries on this Diwali day!
- Happy Diwali wishes to all the good souls! May this Diwali give you enough power to win all your battles against the bad souls.
- Celebration is all about being with loved ones, and that’s all I’m longing for
So I hope these Diwali quotes were helpful and that you found one or more to use on your pics as captions or as wishes to send to your friends and family. Don’t forget to tag me @shilpaahujadotcom on your Instagram pics of Diwali if you use one of these quotes. I’ll be sure to ‘like’ it if you credit me for the quotes!
Happy Diwali and have fun!
Shilpa Ahuja the editor-in-chief of ShilpaAhuja.com, which she founded with the goal of inspiring confidence in the modern working woman through fashion. Other than defining the direction of the magazine, she also writes about fashion & beauty trend forecasts, industry analysis, and opinions.
Shilpa’s work has been published in the University of Fashion blog and Jet Airways magazine. She is also an artist, illustrator and cartoonist. She is also the creator of Audrey O., a comic series that represents the lifestyle of millennial women. She enjoys creative writing and world travel. Her art has been exhibited at Harvard Graduate School of Design and the Aroma Hotel, Chandigarh and been published in Chandigarh Times.
Originally from Chandigarh, Shilpa also has a degree in architecture and has worked in interior project management. She is also the author of the book “Designing a Chinese Cultural Center in India”. Shilpa has a Masters in Design Studies degree from Harvard University.
For feedback and questions, please email [emailprotected]